In this article we are going to know how Python plays an important role in image applications. Python is a high level programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. 90% of people prefer Python over other technology because of its simplicity, reliability and easy interfacing. It is often compared to Lisp, Tcl, Perl, Ruby, C#, Visual Basic, Visual Fox Pro, Scheme or Java. It can be easily interfaced with C/ObjC/Java/Fortran. It runs on all major operating systems such as Windows, Linux/Unix, OS/2, Mac, Amiga, etc. Day by day we can see a rapid growth in Python Development.
Python supports multiple programming paradigms and modules. Python is also supported for the Internet Communications Engine (ICE) and many other integration technologies. It is packed with rich libraries and many add-on packages to tackle specific tasks. Python is friendly language you can learn it easily. Python used in many business, government, non-profit organizations, Google search engine, YouTube, NASA, the New York Stock Exchange, etc. Python is often used as a scripting language, but is also used in a wide range of non-scripting contexts. It provides very clear and readable syntax. You can easily write programs using this language. The Python code runs more than fast enough for most applications. It is used in a wide variety of application domains. Python is an excellent language for learning object orientation.
Applications written in Python are
- Web Applications (Django, Pylons)
- Games (Eve Online – MMORPG).
- 3D CAD/CAM.
- Image Applications.
- Science and Education Applications.
- Software Development (Trac for Project Management).
- Object Databases (ZODB / Durus).
- Network Programming (Bittorent).
- Mobile applications.
- Audio/Video Applications.
- Office Applications.
- Console Applications.
- Enterprise Applications.
- File Formats.
- Internet Applications.
- Python in Image Applications
Always images play a big role in reaching the audience than the words in the web application field. Because a picture is worth a thousand words. Generally some users can satisfy with the existing images but some users want to make some creativity or changes to an image. In order to fulfil their demands Python provides various programs. Let’s see how Python used in imaging applications
- Gnofract 4D is a flexible fractal generation program, allows user to create beautiful images called fractals. Based on mathematical principles, the computer created the images automatically, include the Mandelbrot and Julia sets and many more. It doesn’t mean that you need to do math for creating the images. Instead you can use your mouse to create more images as per your wish. Basically it runs on Unix-based systems such as Linux and FreeBSD and can also be run on Mac OS X. It is very easy to use, very fast, and flexible with an unlimited number of fractal functions and vast amount of options. It is a widely used open source program.
- Gogh is a PyGTK-based painting program or image editor with support for pressure-sensitive tablets/devices.
- ImgSeek is a photo collection manager and viewer with content-based search. It has many features. If you want to find a particular item, you simply sketch the image or you can use another image in your collection. It provides you with what you exactly need.
- VPython is the Python programming language plus a 3D graphics module called “visual”. By using it you can easily create objects in 3D space and animations etc. It helps you to display the objects in a window. VPython allows the programmers to focus more on the computational aspect of their programs.
- MayaVi is a scientific visualization program based on the Visualization Toolkit (VTK), supports volume visualization of data via texture and ray cast mappers. It is easy to use. It can be imported as a Python module from other Python programs and can also be scripted from the Python interpreter.
Finally, we conclude this article that the Python Applications used in different ways in the image application. Not only in this field, it also used in various types of applications.
Source by K Sathish